Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Schalke Striker Raul Moved By Return To Spain To Take On Valencia

Schalke striker Raul will play a match in Spain for the first time since he left Real Madrid during the summer before, and 33 years says that the game against Valencia will be a "memorable" one for him.

Hitman is not too eager to deal with a Spanish team in the knockout phase of the competition, but believes that the German side will play with a strong mentality and overcome Los Che.

"This is the first time that I'm back in Spain because you're going to play in Germany, so that's why it will be a memorable game for me," said Raul pre-match press conference. "I received a warm and affectionate welcome here. It 'was very much appreciated.

"This will be a Champions League game where I really want to feature against Valencia a great team of supporters.

"If you had asked me ahead of time maybe I would not have chosen a Spanish team at the moment, especially considering that Madrid and Barcelona are among the favorites to win the tournament. Valencia is a team very strong and is currently playing on a very high level. They are third in their league and full of confidence.