Thursday, December 30, 2010

Vanderbilt Beats Marquette 77-76

Vanderbilt forward Jeff Taylor is not sure Darius Johnson-Odom slipped or tripped trying to drive to basket at the end of the game.

It is very, very happy mistake was not called.

Other Walker scored on a layup with 4.1 seconds left and No. 24 Vanderbilt held off Marquette 77-76 on Wednesday night in his first game since his arrival in the Top 25 this season.

Marquette (9-4) took the last ball. However, Johnson-Odom led to trying to drive to the basket, losing the ball at the buzzer.

"I think he just stumbled or stepped on any feet to the end," said Taylor. "I think my heart almost stopped, because I think they should call a foul. I thought we were really lucky an error has not been called, and we're just happy to have won, and he fell. "

Marquette coach Buzz Williams was not sure what exactly happened. Remember, coaches and teams to sit on the baseline at Memorial Gym.