Thursday, February 10, 2011

Warriors Beat Denver 116-114 To Finish Homestand

Carmelo Anthony walked on the floor, furious, screaming and waving the ball. A wild melee to hold court in Denver last fall ended on lifting Nene and Anthony also turned away never to touch the ball.

"No," Warriors guard Monta Ellis muttered with a smile. "But I'm glad I did not."

Ellis scored 37 points, Dorel Wright almost had a triple-double and Warriors Golden State held on to beat the short-handed Nuggets 116-114 Wednesday night.

All Anthony could do after the last possession was flick his band head on the floor in disgust. He walked off the field quickly on the path of the box clearly disrupted after scoring 29 points only to see the Nuggets botch their last chance.

"We made a good defensive stop, got JR (Smith) back, I was invited to do so and then I saw him just taken off," said Anthony. "And I think it will him halfway across the field, gain control over it and call timeout. But he did not like. And I said, 'Why not call timeout or George?

"Even if we appeal period, we had the chance to put something," Anthony continued. "We still had a chance to take a hit, we might have felt comfortable with. For seven or nine seconds left in the game, I feel pretty confident right now with the ball in my hands to make things happen. "