Thursday, January 6, 2011

Federico Macheda Eager To Impress At Sampdoria

New loan signing from Sampdoria Federico Macheda revealed that he was willing to join Sampdoria after receiving permission from Manchester United to travel to Italy for six months.

The 19-year-old said he had talked to coach the Red Devils, Sir Alex Ferguson before being transferred to the base of the Ligurian club and hopes to do well.

"This is what I wanted. After speaking with Ferguson to play more football, I'm happy with his move," "Kiko," he told Sky Sport 24 "Here I am doing well.

"Ferguson told me become a better player and return to Manchester harder. I think I will return to England once the loan has expired."

The 19-year-old does not want to be compared with previous Blucerchiati striker Antonio Cassano.

"It 's a great year. I'm here to improve myself and hopefully many fans to bring satisfaction and Sampdoria," he said.