Friday, December 17, 2010

Tendulkar To Feature in ICC CWC 2011 Marketing Campaign

The campaign will be launched next month, will see Tendulkar, which was announced in November as an ambassador for the role of World Cup cricket 2011 in a series of commercials to raise the brand profile cricket event.

In his role as ambassador for the tournament, will be called to promote and support a variety of initiatives of the ICC for the tournament, which is the third largest sporting event in the world and will be held in Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka from 19 February to April 2 next year.

"When I was told that the ICC would have me to the ambassador of the event for the 2011 World Cup, I was really excited and I did not know how to react," Tendulkar said.

"I grew up watching World Cup matches and different when you actually get addressed by the ICC and they want to play a special role in this case, it is quite flattering. I feel very honored and I am delighted this event."

ICC chief executive Haroon Lorgat said Tendulkar was delighted to be involved in promoting the Cricket World Cup.